KTM User Pages
from Ralph Raimi's article for the Penfield Post, Why Penfield's kids aren't learning math (thanks to Elizabeth Carson, co-founder of NYC HOLD):
Suppose you get 6 cents for each bottle you return for recycling. For each problem show how you found your solution. 1. You have collected 149 bottles. How much will you earn?
2. If you share what you earn with one friend, how much will each person get?
3. If you share what you earn with two friends, how much will each person get?
4. Find the fairest way to share what you have earned with everyone in our class, so there is no money left over. How much will each person get?
25. A group of children went swimming. 3/8 of them were girls. If there were 40 boys, how many children were there altogether?
26. Three boys, Juan, Seth and Jared shared a number of stamps in the ratio 3:5:7. If Seth received 45 stamps, how many more stamps did Jared receive than Juan?
Back to main page.
KtmGuest (password: guest) when prompted.
Please consider registering as a regular user.
Look here for syntax help.